I want to marry a foreigner. What can I do now to make getting the marriage visa easier?

Americans marrying prospective foreign spouses is a trend that is fast catching up. Every year thousands of U.S. citizens find their foreign groom or bride through the Internet or during trips abroad. The interesting aspect about such marriages is that over eighty percent of internet marriages result in a successful family life. The reason for Americans seeking foreign grooms or brides is that they want a change from the conventional American dating system, which is mostly filled with pretentions. Internet marriages, on the other hand, help Americans find the man/woman who meet their expectations.

If you are an American looking to marry a foreigner, you can bring your fiancé(e) to the United States of America through the Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiancé(e) (K-1 marriage visa). If you have already been married to a foreign groom or bride, then your spouse can apply for any of the following two marriage visas:

1) Immigrant Visa for a Spouse (IR1 or CR1).
2) Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3 marriage visa).

Each of the above mentioned marriage visas has its own sets of advantages and disadvantages. According to the Conditional immigration marriage visa (CR1), if the duration of your marriage with your foreign spouse is less than two years upon immigration, then he/she is said to be a conditional permanent resident. You will have to apply for the permanent resident visa for your foreign husband or wife ninety days before the two-year period ends.

The next spousal visa, the K3 marriage visa, is one of the preferred non-immigration marriage visas. However, there are certain conditions or requirements that have to be met in order to obtain this marriage visa. If you marry a foreign groom or bride and apply for a K3 marriage visa, then your spouse cannot change to another non-immigrant status. Moreover, if your foreign spouse is already an immigrant, then he/she will have to leave the United States and apply for the K3 marriage visa in the country where you were married.

Considering these options, it would be better and easier for you to marry your foreign fiance inside the United States. Getting a Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiancé(e) (K-1 marriage visa) is easier and has relatively fewer conditions. Your foreign fiance can come into the United States quickly on the K-1 marriage visa, and it is required that you marry him/her within ninety days of immigration. One important factor to consider here is that you should have met your foreign fiance at least once within the past two years from the date of application.

The only other way to get your marriage visa easily is by ensuring that your application forms are error-free and attaching all the necessary documents promptly. This is because if immigration officials find any mistakes on your form, they will reject your spouse?s entry into the United States, thus delaying your life together. To avoid this you can seek expert help from professionals like USAMarriageVisas.com. Australia Marriage Visas offers you several e-books that provide instructions and suggestions on how to prepare application forms correctly and error-free. These e-books offer guidance right from beginning to end of your marriage visa registration process.

Hosted by Media3