How to get a work visa for your foreign wife or husband.

America is a dreamland of opportunities and there are many foreign nationals who have found a better living in the United States of America. Among these foreign nationals who have immigrated into the United States, many of them have been married to U.S. citizens through email and the Internet. The number of Americans marrying foreigners is increasing every year and has achieved a cancerous growth. Every year thousands of Americans find their prospective spouses in foreign lands through foreign trips, email marriages or through mail order bride agencies. The important reason why many Americans prefer foreign brides/grooms is that they are unable to find the man/woman of their dreams through the conventional American dating system.

If you are one of those the U.S. citizens who wants to marry a foreigner, you have to get your foreign spouse a U.S. marriage visa, so that he/she can stay in the United States legally. There are two types of U.S. marriage visas that you can get for your spouse. They are:

1) Immigrant visa for a spouse of a U.S. citizen (IR1 or CR1 marriage visa).
2) Nonimmigrant visa for a spouse - K-3 marriage visa.

With the help of these U.S. spouse visas, you can bring your foreign spouse into America legally and without any complications, provided that all U.S. marriage visa requirements are met.

If your spouse wants to work in the United States of America after your marriage, it is not necessary that he/she apply for a separate U.S.A. work visa. It is mandatory for a normal foreigner to get a U.S.A. work visa, in order to work in the U.S. But if the foreigner is married to an American citizen, in your case, he/she needn’t apply for a U.S.A. work visa. The K-3 marriage visa is more than enough for your spouse to be employed legally in America. With this U.S. marriage visa, he/she has to file form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization document, which is a work permit. When he/she enters the U.S.A. as an immigrant on a U.S. spouse visa, your spouse will receive a passport stamp, which authorizes him/her to be employed in the United States legally. As a result, this K-3 marriage visa is proof enough to enjoy the benefits of a green card holder until your spouse gets one.

Similarly in the case of a conditional U.S. spouse visa (IR1 or CR1), your spouse can apply for a work permit by filing Form I-765, and thus get permission to work in the United States legally. Having said all that, getting a U.S. spouse visa is not a cakewalk and requires a lot of care and attention to detail. Any small error in the application form will result in denial or rejection of your spouse’s petition. He/she might not be able to enter the United States legally, thus losing his/her chance to find a future with you in America. Extreme caution has to be exercised while filling out the form, and all the necessary documents should be attached without fail.

If you feel you might go wrong in filing the petition for a U.S. marriage visa, then you can make use of the e-books sold by These e-books from provide information and suggestions on completing your forms accurately and completely without any errors. These e-books will take you through the entire procedure of the marriage visa with great ease.

Hosted by Media3